Monday, November 14, 2016

Summary of my letter to President-elect Trump

I promised a summary of the letter I sent Donald Trump last week. You can view the full letter here, but these are the main ideas:

1. As an American fellow-citizen, I accept my responsibility to support him in his work and to honor the office of President. 
2. As a Christian, I will pray for you, for your family, and for your administration.
3. Decision-making and leadership should be consistent and firmly based on the Constitution.
4. Mr. Trump must take responsibility for his own actions both in the past and in the future.
5. The right to life is one of the most basic protections in the Constitution, and it is the moral responsibility of the President to diligently uphold it.
6. The President and his advisers must respect Constitutional checks and balances.
7. The President owes it to America and to the world to promote free and just government by his speech and example.
8. All public officials must be people of character.
9. There is no place in politics for people who are disloyal to the Constitution.
10. The President will need and should seek God's wisdom for his task.

No comments:

Post a Comment